HEAD OF PARTNERSHIP & GROWTH
AgroCenta is an agri-fintech company that focuses on delivering financial services such as micro loans, digital payments, savings & pensions for various actors in the agricultural value chain with primary focus on the smallholder farmers.
AgroCenta’s flagship platform, Velociti, builds a digital identity for actors in the agricultural sector, through alternative credit scoring model, which enables financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies etc. leverage on the data to provide financial services.
As the Head of Partnership & Growth, you will be responsible for developing and executing macro-level strategies with and revenues from partners in the financial sector such as commercial banks, MFIs, Rural banks etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contributes to business development strategies, including helping to establish new partnerships with financial institutions to realize our 2025 partnering and revenue goals
- Leads the identification and analysis of emergent financial institutions, impact lenders and prospect priorities and policies that impact AgroCenta\’s work and collaborate with relevant teams and divisions to develop and convey our organizational position and services.
- Continuously stay abreast of pertinent development both from a financial sector perspective as well as within key core technical areas and regions to define and implement appropriate strategies
- Represents or coordinates representation by appropriate AgroCenta thought-leaders at high-level and other key meetings (in coordination w/HQ- based technical/program leads) at key partners and industry meetings.
- Leads on expanding pool of potential partners, especially in the financial sector both locally and internationally and by prioritizing complementary yet like-minded organizations
- Cultivates and strengthens institutional relationships, position for and pursue promising opportunities, negotiate favourable terms and partnerships, resolve operational issues, and advance common ground.
- Proactively work with and support country teams to increase their understanding of partner strategies, intent, opportunities and how to best advocate for resources and respond to opportunities in coordination with the business development team
- Degree or MBA in Finance or Economics
- Experience in working in the financial sector (Commercial banks, MFIs or other financial institutions)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial industry, including at least 3 years in new business development, and/or international development practice globally, across several regions, including but not limited to Ghana.
- Ability to make significant contributions to development and execution of business plans, including marketing strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to generate interest with high-level external stakeholders, including with donor agencies and government.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives and government representatives
- Ability to travel up to 30-50%.
Salary & Benefits
Very competitive with fringe benefits
Deadline for application is August 15th, 2022
Apply for this role
Interested applicants should send an email with their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the email should be Job Application: Head of Partnership and Growth